After approximately two long years of closed borders, the beautiful islands of Fiji are officially open to tourists! I made my way to Fiji departing from NYC, spent a night in SF before embarking on the 11 hour flight to Nadi Airport on Fiji Airways. The journey was incredibly comfortable in business class with friendly crew and delicious meals. I also loved the beautiful lounge at Nadi airport, equipped with tons of amenities and food choices as well as showers. As of right now, Fiji required proof of vaccination and a COVID RAT test before you leave the US and an additional test 2 days after your arrival in Fiji. Additionally, travel insurance is required upon check in at the airport in the US.
Checking In: Nanuku Resort, Fiji
Once we landed at Nadi airport, we were picked up by our transfer and we made our way to the beautiful Nanuku Resort, which was an hour and a half drive from the airport. Upon arrival, we were greeted by what seemed like the entire staff and were welcomed with a beautiful traditional Fijian Warrior Welcome. Everyone was so kind and lovely and we felt welcomed from the start.
The property is absolutely gorgeous and feels very remote with its private beach and stunning views. It makes for the most relaxing getaway you’ll ever experience.
- Kanavata Restaurant plus adjacent dining areas after your first night stay. •
- Weekly schedule with over 20 complimentary activities including cultural and traditional shows. •
- Selection of non–alcoholic beverages, filtered house water, selection of soft drinks, French press coffee, non-alcoholic mini-bar beverages and air popcorn maker. Bottled water, mocktails and smoothies are at an additional cost).
- Complimentary scheduled yoga and wellness classes. •
- Fijian warrior welcome and selected cultural activities during your stay. •
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout your suite/villa and at the Nanuku Clubhouse. •
- Complimentary in villa IPTV. •
- Select non-motorized water sports including snorkeling, stand up paddle boards and kayaks. •
- Resort bicycles on request (except Owner’s Residence)
- Fijian cooking class
The beachfront suite has sweeping ocean views right on the beachfront with 650 square feet to enjoy as well as a private pool and an outdoor shower.
One Bedroom Beachfront Villa
The updated and new standalone villas are stunning and definitely an upgrade worth considering. We stayed in the one bedroom which was about 900 square feet and offered privacy and plenty of outdoor space, including an outdoor private pool with a thatched-roof bure, along a stellar stretch of sandy beach with sweeping ocean views.
Residences are also available for larger parties.
This trip was a paid partnership with Tourism Fiji. As always, opinions are my own.